Achachay! embarks on our first tour this summer from May 24th to June 20th, and we need your help to make it badass and become famous! Well actually both are inevitable but will be a lot easier with your help.
(1) We need a bassist
and possibly a keyboardist to come on tour with us. It will happen even if we can find neither, but seriously if you can play and want to join us call or email me. If you play something that could cover the low end – whether cello, bari sax, or violin with an octave pedal, we’re interested in that as well.
(2) We need you to spread the word.
- If you know anyone living close to these shows get them to come out. If you get someone to come out we’ll send you a free copy of the new CD. If you get more than one person we’ll send you merch. Just get them to come talk to us after the show.
- There are many other ways to spread the word. Post our youtube videos on your status, twitter about us, forward to friends, scream “Achachay!” as loud and often as you can, especially in public places
- If you’re not already on it, join our email list
- If you’re not already a facebook fan of us, please remedy
- On myspace? why can’t we be friends!
- If you live in one of these cities and want to be part of the street team (extra help, posting flyers, etc), we’ll hook you up with free Achachay! stuff.
(3) When our first EP drops right before the tour, buy it.
From us, or iTunes, or rhapsody, snail mail or whatever. Then spread it. We don’t care if you burn it, bittorrent it, email it, or pantomime it just get it out there. (Encourage people who don’t buy it to come to shows and/or just shower us with cash donations, Paypal, and giftcards). Jam it in your car and at parties as often as possible.
(4) Help us find couches and air mattresses to crash on.
These are the gigs we currently have scheduled
We’re serious about lowering the drinking age
Whether or not your support this cause, we’re want to open discussion about it. We believe that it’s an important law to change to empower 18-20, respect the reality of alcohol in our culture, promote healthy drinking habits, and save lives. Many of the arguments for 21 year old drinking age, including lowered accidents and brain development inhibition, have disproven. Check outhttp://www.chooseresponsibility.org for more information, or come talk to us at one of the shows.