2009 Summer Tour for Lowering the Drinking Age is going to be the best damn tour Achachay! has ever put on. Mostly because it’s the first tour we’ve ever put on.
Regardless, you have many things to look forward to.
You will hear some of the dopest music ever created on the face of this Earth (remember we’re rock stars, we’re supposed to be arrogant). you’ll either hear a new and crazy bassist, or you’ll hear incredible soundscapes cascading down your auditory canal by Jordan’s flashy dexterity with a loop sampler.
You will see the ridiculous stage antics and banter of Jordan and Ryan.
You will be able to purchase a high quality recording of Achachay! in the studio, for the first time ever.
You will experience the Ho Bus in all of its vegetable oil burning splendor.
You will learn the truth about drinking culture and drinking laws in America, and why they must change. You will also have the opportunity to do something about it to make the change happen.
Hear, see, purchase, experience, learn. That’s what this tour is all about. Check us out!
We’ve said it before and we’re saying it again: WE NEED YOUR HELP. Here’s how:
1) We need a bassist
and possibly a keyboardist to come on tour with us. It will happen even if we can find neither, but seriously if you can play and want to join us call or email me. If you play something that could cover the low end – whether cello, bari sax, or violin with an octave pedal, we’re interested in that as well.
(2) We need you to spread the word.
- If you know anyone living close to these shows get them to come out. If you get someone to come out we’ll send you a free copy of the new CD. If you get more than one person we’ll send you merch. Just get them to come talk to us after the show.
- There are many other ways to spread the word. Post our youtube videos on your status, twitter about us, forward to friends, scream “Achachay!” as loud and often as you can, especially in public places
- If you’re not already on it, join our email list
- If you live in one of these cities and want to be part of the street team (extra help, posting flyers, etc), we’ll hook you up with free Achachay! stuff.
(3) When our first EP drops right before the tour, buy it.
From us, or iTunes, or rhapsody, snail mail or whatever. Then spread it. We don’t care if you burn it, bittorrent it, email it, or pantomime it just get it out there. (Encourage people who don’t buy it to come to shows and/or just shower us with cash donations, Paypal, and giftcards). Jam it in your car and at parties as often as possible.
(4) Help us find couches and air mattresses to crash on.